AddThis Bookmark

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Monday, September 17, 2007

Wii Zapper Training Kids to be Killers?

In a recent post over at Wii Fanboy, a ruckus of sorts is being made by some over protective parents against Nintendo’s upcoming Wii Zapper. Apparently these wacky would-be parental figures think having a Wii controller resembling anything remotely like a gun is reckless and irresponsible on Nintendo’s part.

The New Jersey Star-Ledger’s Parental Guidance blog’s most recent Question of the Week centered around the attachment, and it seems to have some folks alarmed. One commenter said, “I think it’s irresponsible for Wii to come out with a controller that looks like a gun so kids can play games simulating shooting. What kind of message are we sending as parents when we buy these things for our kids?”

Oh, yes. The original NES Zapper included with my game cartridge of Duck Hunt certainly made me want to go out and shoot my dear old dog when I was 10 years old. I certainly turned out to be the homicidal maniac my parents always feared.

Give me a break. What’s next? A nation-wide ban on Super Soakers? Talk about missing out on your childhood.

No comments: